Wednesday, February 22, 2012

{Day 10} I am grateful for...

Gratitude. It is amazing to me how quickly this gratitude experiment is honestly changing the way that I see the world. For months I have been trying to convince myself that I am happy with the way my life is going - work, living situations, dating, etc. But the problem with trying to convince yourself of something is that you don't actually feel that way and you end up feeling like a fraud. At least I did. But in the last few weeks, especially since the start of this gratitude experiment, I have sincerely been happier and seeing my surroundings and circumstances for the blessings that they are and truly enjoying work. I've noticed a difference in the way my teaching has gone and the ways I am able to interact with my students. And I must say that I have been loving it. A lot.

Students. I kinda love them right now. My shiatsu class is hilarious. I have a student, who bytheway is extremely paranoid, especially when it comes to health issues and diseases - pathology was a kick in the pants with her. Anyhow, she had a funny popping noise in her neck while being worked on and called me over to ask if that was normal. I quickly assured her that her head would probably fall off. She got the most terrified look on her face, until she realized I was joking. (Don't worry, I actually reassured her and clarified why that can happen and how its almost never a serious problem.) She then reminded me how paranoid she is and proceeded to tell me that she had a dream not too long ago that she had chicken cancer and woke up in a cold sweat, afraid she actually had chicken cancer. I started laughing, but she was quick to reassure me that chicken cancer isn't actually real. Haha. Thanks girl, I taught you pathology, remember? (Note: pathology is the study of diseases).


No comments:

Post a Comment