Thursday, February 23, 2012

{Day 12} I am grateful for...

Not passing out. The strangest things happened today. I was giving a massage, and halfway through got seriously gnarly stabbing pains in my stomach that were not only relentless but increasingly worse throughout the remainder of the session. I couldn't stand up straight or figure out any position that I could continue to work and have the pain not be there. I ignored it and breathed through it the best I could for 30 minutes, finally ending a few minutes early because I thought I might throw up. When I left the room after the session was over I got really light headed and a wave of nausea swept over me as I waited for my client to finish dressing. Normally I walk my client out to the door, schedule a session for the following week, and shoot the breeze for a few minutes but instead I quickly thanked him for coming and jetted back into the massage room where I started having tunnel vision and ringing in my ears, barely making it to the massage table where I quickly layed down and hoped to not pass out and/or throw up. (Run on sentence anyone?) Luckily no harm done and 40 minutes later, I got up and went on my merry way as if nothing happened. Dehydration? Gas? My body telling me to not go out tonight and take it easy instead? Whatever it was I cancelled my plans for the evening and headed home. Weird...

Spaghetti with lentils, zucchini, and feta cheese. One of my favorite pasta recipes.

Chill days at work with nothing specific that has to get done. A few hours of prepping, catching up with co-workers, and leaving early to flex out time for Saturday are all fine ways to spend a work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment