Saturday, February 25, 2012

{Day 13} I am grateful for...

Denny's. Let's just say that going to Denny's after working late on a Friday night with co-workers is a fantastic idea. And that's saying something since I don't even really care for Denny's. I seriously am loving the people I work with lately.

The blending of Shiatsu and Structural/Trigger point therapy. Did you know that energy (Ki), especially the stagnant kind, can cause structural and postural imbalances? Makes perfect sense, but I had never really thought about it before. I have been learning more and more lately about the blending of the physical and energetic sides of bodywork as well as taking into account the emotional or spiritual aspects of the body. I am gaining an understanding of all the facets and how they each work towards the same goals of wholeness and health. I use to believe physical vs. energetic theories stood at a stark contrast to each other. But I am becoming a firm believer that you can't just understand and address one aspect of the body and expect complete health to follow, each approach adds something to the equation and even helps to support the other.

An 11.a climb at the quarry that was... easy? Did I really just say easy? When did that happen? It was a crazy fun climb. Can't wait to go back and climb it again. I love how consistency really makes all the difference in improving and getting better at things.

No comments:

Post a Comment