Sunday, February 26, 2012

{Day 14} I am grateful for...

O' Falafel. I might be obsessed with their portobello mushroom sandwich right now. If it wasn't all the way up in salt lake, I'd be eating many many more of them.

This American Life. Today there was a story about a man who has a rare disease called narcolepsy cataplexy that causes paralysis while still conscious. He is aware of his surroundings, but unable to speak or move his entire body. There unfortunately is no cure, and the strangest part is the trigger for the episodes is feeling happy. Any moments of nostalgia or pleasure or happiness will trigger paralysis is this poor man. This has to be one of the saddest things I've ever heard of. I am grateful to be able to be happy and feel happy and not have unfortunate side effects as a result.

King Cake. Its just a fun tradition. My lovely friend Anna is from Louisiana near New Orleans and she makes king cake every year for the occasion. It is a delightful treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment